Deremiah-Frye Mortuary was established in 1946, by Robert Harrell and Orville Greene. It was originally called Greene & Harrell Funeral Home. In 1973, the business was purchased by Don Frye, Ron Deremiah and Larry Newsom. The funeral home was moved to its’ present location of 700 Gourley Pike in 1976. Around 1985, Don Frye and Ron Deremiah purchased Larry Newsom’s shares and became partners. The business name was then changed to Deremiah-Frye Mortuary, Greene & Harrell Chapel.