BT Access operates year-round for persons with disabilities who cannot use the existing “fixed route” bus system to move about within the city limits. Their vans are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
Eligibility to use BT Access may be granted on a full or conditional basis depending on the person’s ability to use regular fixed-route bus service. Those persons who receive full eligibility status may use BT Access for all trips within the service area during the days and hours that the service operates. Conditional eligibility may be granted to persons who under certain conditions may be able to use regular fixed route service. Persons with conditional eligibility may use BT Access when their disability prevents them from using the regular fixed route service.
All persons granted full or conditional eligibility for BT Access are subject to periodic recertification of their eligibility status. Such recertification shall generally be done every 1-3 years.
About Bloomington Transit
Bloomington Transit is an active participant in the business and social community of Bloomington, Indiana. The values of our community are important to us. To find out more about who we are, opportunities for employment and our commitment to Title VI, please visit the links below.
- Latest News – Updated news from Bloomington Transit.
- Current Procurements
- BT Disadvantage Business Enterprise Program
- Job Opportunities
- Advertising Opportunities
- BT Staff and Board of Directors
- Title VI – The BPTC is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of our transit services on the basis of race, color or national origin, as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Indiana Gateway